TRAILL DISTRICT HEALTH UNIT ● PUBLIC HEALTH
114 West Caledonia Ave | PO Box 58 Hillsboro, ND 58045 701-636-4434
It is our mission to promote physical and mental health and prevent disease, injury, and disability to the residents of Traill County. We, as employees of Traill District Health Unit, share the vision with Public Health in America:
Healthy People in Healthy Communities.
ServicesEnvironmental Health Services
Sanitarian services help protect the health and safety of the public. Environmental Services include:
- Nuisance complaints
- Septic evaluations
Health screenings and education promote healthful living, assist individuals to maintain or improve their health, and can prevent or delay complications of disease or injury. Health Promotion and Education services include:
- Blood sugar and hemoglobin screening
- Hearing screening
- Blood pressure
- Vitamin B-12 shots
- Women's Way
- Presentations and brochures on healthy living
Nursing services tailored to individuals and families in the home promote, maintain, or restore health and minimize the effects of disability and illness.
- Weekly medication administration
- Convalescence care following surgery or illness
- Maintenance care: Blood pressure, blood sugar and hemoglobin tests, weights and assessments.
Early screening and detection can help prevent or reduce the effects of future health problems and ensure the optimal health of your child.
- Newborn home visit program
- Follow-up for high-risk infants following complications at birth
- Babysitting clinics
Prevention of interruption in health by early assessment and prevention helps children benefit from educational opportunities offered.
- Vision screenings
- Class presentations on health issues
- Available for consultations
Protection for children and adults against disabling and life-threatening disease can best be achieved by following the recommended schedule for vaccinations.
- Routine infant and preschool immunizations for VFC (Medicaid) children only.
- Adult Tdap
- Flu and pneumonia
- TB testing