Traill County District Health
Sanitarian services help protect the health and safety of the public. Environmental Services include:
- Nuisance complaints
- Septic evaluations
Health screenings and education promote healthful living, assist individuals to maintain or improve their health, and can prevent or delay complications of disease or injury. Health Promotion and Education services include:
- Cholesterol screening
- Blood sugar and hemoglobin screening
- Hearing screening
- Blood pressure
- Vitamin B-12 shots
- Women's Way
- Presentations and brochures on healthy living
Nursing services tailored to individuals and families in the home promote, maintain, or restore health and minimize the effects of disability and illness.
- Weekly medication administration
- Convalescence care following surgery or illness
- Maintenance care: Blood pressure, blood sugar and hemoglobin tests, weights and assessments.
Early screening and detection can help prevent or reduce the effects of future health problems and ensure the optimal health of your child.
- Newborn home visit program
- Follow-up for high-risk infants following complications at birth
- Babysitting clinics
Prevention of interruption in health by early assessment and prevention helps children benefit from educational opportunities offered.
- Vision screenings
- Class presentations on health issues
- Available for consultations
Protection for children and adults against disabling and life-threatening disease can best be achieved by following the recommended schedule for vaccinations.
- Routine infant and preschool immunizations for VFC (Medicaid) children only.
- Adult Tdap
- Flu and pneumonia
- TB testing